domingo, diciembre 30, 2007

My Pizza, My Love (numero uno)


I just made pizza for my family in Chicago. My sister was able to help and give me some suggestions while I made my famous pizza crust. I've actually never watched anybody make pizza dough before and this was a good chance for me to analyze how I make mine. It actually turned out pretty well, probably the best so far. I've decided that this recipe has been tested and re-tested enough for me post my recipe on the world wide web.

Mix together in a small bowl:
1 Tb. cake yeast or 1 package dry yeast
1/4 warm water
1 tsp. sugar
(let sit while you work on other things)

Mix together in a medium bowl:
3/4 c. water (room temperature)
1 tsp. salt
2 tbs. vegetable oil


In a large bowl mix in 3 cups of flour with the two bowls of liquids. Use a wooden spoon to mix it all together. Once the mixture starts sticking, go ahead and put it all on a floured counter and start kneading it for about 5 or 8 minutes. Make sure you keep kneading the dough until it is nice and soft. Spread oil or butter on the inside of a large bowl. Roll the dough around and make sure it is coated with either the oil or butter. Seal the top of the bowl with cling wrap so that air won't dry out the dough. Let the dough raise for about an hour. I usually warm up some water in pan and place the bowl on top.

Once the dough has risen to about double its size, punch it down and cut it into two balls. Place the two balls back into the bowl and let them sit there for 5 minutes. Set your oven on 350 degrees F. Roll out your two pieces of dough into the shape that you want (on a floured surface) and place on lightly oiled pans. Place into the oven for about 10 min or until the dough is a bit crusty (but not browned!). After taking out the crusts from the oven, decorate with sauce, cheese, and other goodies. After all of the decorating, place pizzas back into the oven for about 20 minutes or until the crusts are slightly browned at the edges. Yum and enjoy! I'll be posting a few other ideas concerning sauces and toppings.

No hay comentarios.: