viernes, diciembre 21, 2007

A Day or Two in Michigan

I thought that my time here in Sparta was going to be dull, but it has been quite the opposite. Traditionally this sleepy little town hasn't been too full of activities, and the truth is that it remains this way. My solution to this problem? Get out of town! I've been driving around lately, even getting to Lake Michigan to visit my friend Renee (who taught me English in high school). Yesterday I was able to get up to Sand Lake to visit both my Aunt Leta and Uncle Henry. It's always interesting to visit them since I really don't know what to talk about but always manage to keep them entertained. It should be fun to send them a few postcards from Lithuania, where their parents originally immigrated from. It kind of surprised me when they couldn't find Lithuania on a map. Soon I'll be tromping all over the country-side trying to find my long lost family. :) I doubt I'll find anybody.

The second picture me look like I'm wearing a little dress or something, right? Well, actually I wasn't. Ha! I was actually wearing my grandmother's apron so that I wouldn't get flour all over myself while I made pizza dough. :) I was disappointed with the dough though, it didn't raise! I'm not sure what went wrong. It could have been that the water I used to activate the yeast wasn't warm enough. No se. Instead of two pizzas I ended up making one large one. It turned out pretty yummy because I loaded it with cheese, corn, red peppers, and some ham. Yum.

I leave for Kalamazoo tomorrow. Please pray while I look for a place to park my car.

2 comentarios:

wren dijo...

It was great to see you again, Josh! Glad to make Michigan a little bit more entertaining for you...

ray ban wayfarer dijo...

westbrook jersey
kevin durant jersey
Serge Ibaka Jersey
Many of the chiefs of the great public services, national and international, surrendered their offices. Most of them reaffirmed their ideals but recognized that mankind was not yet ready to live up to so high an aim.