lunes, diciembre 07, 2009

Another move...*sigh*

The time has come for yet another move in my life. My internship with Samaritan's Purse ends in a few days. Sometimes I'm tempted to brag about how much transition I've had in my 23 years of life but at other times I'm reminded of how much pain is involved with saying good-bye so many times. Too many houses that I can't call home, too many accents affecting my Spanish and English, too many schools, too many goodbyes... It's really hard to say goodbye to people, things and activities.

One thing that I've been learning is that without goodbyes (as painful as they may be) it would be impossible to say 'hello' to new things. I wouldn't have spent an amazing six months in Bolivia without saying goodbye to Taylor and everything I had grown accustomed to there. Keep looking to God for the future and trust that he has the best for you...no matter how frustrating it might feel at times.

No beard now, this photo was taken in August

3 comentarios:

abita dijo...

...es muy cierto lo de las despedidas ...un lugar q llamar "casa"...y todo eso...me hiciste llorar :S ...pero bueno...decir chau duele mucho pero hay q hacerlo para crecer. Yo tenia la idea de q nunca me iba a tocar despedirme definitivamente de las personas y los lugares q amo, o donde me crié y fui feliz y ahora q me toco no me quedo otra q decir chau :S y empezar una etapa nueva sin olvidarme todo lo lindo de la anterior...todo eso q me keda en el corazon y me hace sonreir cada vez q lo pienso...Por algo Dios hace las cosas...
Bueno...ya comente :D
Adiós Sr HombreVerde jaja :)
ns stamos viendo :)

Mom C dijo...

Change is hard and your words are encouraging to us. After 35 yrs of living in Upland, we have decided to put our house up for sale and move. We are waiting to see what God has next for us as well.
I pray for you often.
Barb Cooper

Mom C dijo...

One more thing - We need our driveway shoveled. Where are you???? (: