lunes, noviembre 16, 2009

The Wonders of the Altiplano

It's amazing what the sun and a few months of forgetting to brush my teeth does to the body here in the Altiplano. I took this picture of myself about 4 days ago and thought that I looked pretty good in it.


What does the word "Altiplano" even mean? It's actually a word describing the landscape of the area where I work. "Alti" comes from alto (high) while "plano" means flat. It's crazy to think that I work at 4,000 meters and yet there are only a few hills around. Once the trees from the tree nursery I work at take off, people won't know the difference between the Altiplano and Pennsylvania. ;)

2 comentarios:

Nancy dijo...

Hey...what happened to that titanium tooth we had put in?

David Greenman dijo...

Yeah, your mom was traumatically shocked at the way you haven't taken care of yourself! Ha Ha!!!! We've decided to include some dental floss, toothpaste and a toothbrush in your next care package. You gotta impress the girls before you deteriorate too much more, you know!